The Import feature within Workspaces allows you to upload a large amount of patent numbers into PatSnap. This might be from a list of patents you already have, or from another system you are moving from. PatSnap is able to detect and match Publication Numbers within your Excel file or as a list similar to our Bulk Search, with data that exists in the PatSnap database.
You can find these options in your Workspace under the Import button.
For Bulk Search import:
- Select the "Import" button in a workspace.
- Then click on the "Bulk patent number import" option.
For import via Excel:
Before importing your document, make sure the below is done:
- The spreadsheet needs to be sorted as the reference template suggests
- Make sure that the fields you want to import are already in the Workspace
- Fields names in the Workspace and Column names in your spreadsheet must match
- When creating custom fields in the Workspace, choose the type coherently to the cell's data
Then select the type of import you wish to use. Whether the tick boxes or manual input.
We would highly recommend downloading the templates and make sure that your excel spreadsheet matches the template before attempting to upload.