This article covers:
- How to share a workspace
- How to save a shared workspace to your account
How to Share a Workspace
Hover over your email address on the top right-hand side of the PatSnap page. Select “Workspace” and locate the folder that you want to share. Hover over the folder and click in the top right-hand corner and then go to “Share”. In there, you can enter the email address of anyone who has a PatSnap account – this is not restricted to a specific company or organization, so you can share with external counsel, collaboration partners, etc.
You can also click the "Share" icon when in a workspace to review who you have currently shared your Workspace with, and to share with more people.
When you share the workspace you can allow the recipient either read or edit permissions. For each of these permissions, there are various different options available to you.
If you give the recipient "Read" permissions, this will allow them to view but not edit the elements of the workspace you have decided to share with them. These elements are:
- Patents - This is set automatically when you give the recipient "Read" permissions, which allow them to read the patents contained within the Workspace.
- Custom fields - This will allow the recipient to also view custom fields you have created for the workspace.
- Comments - This allows the recipient to view comments you have made on patents contained within the workspace.
If you give the recipient "Edit" permissions, this will allow them to edit the elements of the workspace you have decided to share with them. These elements are:
- Patents - This allows the recipient to add or remove patents in the workspace.
- Custom fields - This will allow the recipient to add, edit or remove custom fields you have created for the workspace.
- Comments - This enables the recipient to edit to add, edit or remove comments from the patents contained within the workspace.
- Folders - This will allow the recipient to add, edit or remove the folders/subfolders contained within the workspace.
- Share - This will give the recipient full editing permissions for the workspace. This is equivalent to what they would be able to do if it was their own workspace.
How Do I Save A Shared Workspace To My Own Account?
There are two different ways to save a shared Workspace to your own account.
The first way is to select all the patents in the Workspace and copy them to a new Workspace.
You can click on "Select All" at the top of the results list and then select the "Copy to" link. Once there, you can either select one of your own Workspace folders or create a New Workspace and Workspace folder.
The second way is to export all the patents and then import them into your own Workspace.
To do this, click on the "Export" button within the Workspace area.
Then, once it has been downloaded on to your desktop, navigate to your own Workspace folder that you'd like to import the file into and click on the "Import" button.
It's also worth noting that if there are Custom Field values that you'd like to have copied into your non-shared Workspace folder, you would need to replicate them in their entirety in your own Workspaces first before either copying or importing the contents of the shared Workspace.