How do I manage my different folders within and between workspaces?
To organize and customise your workspaces you can create new folders and subfolders on the left-hand side of the workspace area:
By clicking on the “manage” hyperlink you will be directed to a page where you can view and manage all your folders and subfolders:
You can create and edit new folders and subfolders directly from the workspace area using the dropdown menu:
The “edit” and “new subfolder” options enable you to customise your workspaces:
NOTE: you can store up to 20,000 patents within a single folder and you can create up to 300 folders.
Additionally, you can move/copy folders within and between workspaces:
- MOVE it to another folder in the same workspace or to a different workspace. You will only have one copy of that folder found in the workspace you selected to move it to.
- COPY it to another folder in the same workspace or to a different workspace. You now have 2 copies of that folder: one in the initial workspace and one in the workspace you selected
You can also delete folders and subfolders:
If you zoom into a folder now, you can also manage the patents found within:
- Export the selected patents in XLS, PDF, RTF, XML or CSV file formats choosing the fields you wish to export:
- Delete the selected patents:
- Edit custom fields if you wish to make changes to the customised fields displayed for the patents you have selected:
- Copy OR move the selected patents to different folders in the same or a different workspace:
- Just like emails, you can also mark the patents as read or unread: