Bulk Search allows you to upload a large amount of patent numbers or assignees into PatSnap. This might be from a list you already have, or from another system you are moving from (in the case of patent numbers).
- From a source that allows you to ‘Copy/Paste’ like Microsoft Word or Excel, you can import data into PatSnap.
- PatSnap is able to detect and match Application/Publication Numbers or assignees within your text, with data that exists in the PatSnap database.
- Once you have matched your data against PatSnap’s, you can save it to a Workspace, and run all the visual analytics like Landscape and Insights on this set of information.
- The maximum number of individual patents that can be recognized with each individual Bulk search is 5000.
- The maximum number of individual assignees that can be recognized with each individual Bulk search is 100.
On the home page, there are several Tabs that can be used, in order to access PatSnap from different starting points:
After Clicking on "Bulk", you will then have the opportunity to Paste content into PatSnap, and then get PatSnap to detect Application/Publication numbers or assignees within your body of text.
PatSnap handles and displays the numbers with no spaces, so when you make your upload, there can be no spaces or extra punctuation marks (e.g. hyphens, commas, slashes) in your numbers either. The general way you will want to input a publication number is to start with the country code, then the number and then the kind code. In the case of application numbers, you will want to start with the country code and then input the number. There will often be slashes in the middle of application numbers. You can find more details about our specific number format for the top jurisdictions in our Search Helper.
In terms of assignees, you will want to separate each assignee on new lines. The general way you will want to input them is in their simplest form (e.g. Sony), which will enable you to pick up the variations in name they use against our 4 main assignee fields. The 4 assignee fields are Standardized Current Assignee, Current Assignee, Standardized Original Assignee (Applicant) and Original Assignee (Applicant) and one can be used at a time.