PatSnap Bio combines over 600 million sequences with over 1.3 million patents from major patent jurisdictions and over 2 million non-patent literature sources. The platform makes it easy to search for proteins, DNA and RNA sequences within patents and find pertinent results.
Bio Premium connects patent and non-patented sequences with drug targets and therapeutics, enabling IP and R&D teams to manage their innovation pipeline, and IP strategy. The sequences within Bio Premium are indexed to drugs and targets. In partnership with CAS, our data coverage includes manually curated patent sequences, annotations, and non-patent sequences.
- To perform a search identifying sequences associated with a drug or target of interest, select "Drug/Gene Index" from the available search options on the of the sidebar.
- Search using a drug name, or the synonyms, or browse our drop-down directory available for a target search. You can search for up to three drugs or targets simultaneously.
- The results page will provide a list of sequences associated with your drug(s) or target(s), an overview of the sequence details, and the number of patents, papers (non-patent sources) and other sources associated with each sequence. Additional details can be viewed by clicking View Sources
- Use the filters within the results screen to refine the sequences further. (TIPS: Using the filters on the left-hand side of your results screen, you can choose to refine your sequences, for example, by sequence length, whether it is an antibody or if it has been chemically modified through site-specific modifications, etc. If you are interested in performing an FTO search, you can utilize the "claimed in patents" filter to filter on a sequence level.)
- Next, select the sequence codes of interest to gain an overview of the sequence itself, including the full sequence, primary, secondary, other associated names of said sequence as well as patent & literature documents associated with the sequence. (TIP: you can also click on the hyperlinked drug or targets within the results page to view its details. This will provide an overview of the drug or target of interest including the sequence information, synonyms, associated drugs, targets and diseases, regulatory approval information for drugs etc.)
- To view the source documents associated with the sequences within your results page, click on the ‘View Sources’ button to select your set of results to which the sequences are associated.
- Once you have selected the result set you wish to view you will be taken to the patent preview page within the Bio platform.
Tip: At this point, you can filter your results using PatSnap provided patent filters or use the “In claims” button to see patent results where the sequence searched is only shown in the claims section of the patents found.
- Once you are happy with the results found, clicking on the ‘View in Analytics’ button will take the results into the analytics platform.
- At this point, all the functionalities can from the analytics platform be used on the patent results. For example, you can now apply keyword refinements to the patent results.
- Once you have finalized all refinements on the patents found, the results can be saved in a bio-enabled workspace which allows you to keep track of the target sequences listed within each patent